Comic-Tone Process Color System
StudioWorks proudly presents the • C O M I C – T O N E • P R O C E S S • C O L O R • S Y S T E M • — a collection of swatches and brushes for replicating the look of vintage four-color process printed art in Adobe Illustrator.
Early offset printing utilized a limited palette of color generated from percentages of the four process colors (cyan, magenta, yellow and black). StudioWorks painstakingly recreated 128 formula-accurate swatches with the proper moiré-free screen angles to generate the entire Comic-Tone Silver Age Color Library. Now, adding that vintage halftone pattern to your vector art is as simple as clicking your mouse!
Looking for more of that authentic mis-registered, built process color? Brush it in layer-by-layer using the ready-made Comic-Tone Process Color Library. (see demo video)
Comic-Tone comes bundled with 27 halftone brushes so you can quickly add even more Ben Day goodness to your vector designs. Add to that a collection of 27 texture assets that replicate printing defects, including fine, dust and coarse textures as well as streaks, print hickeys and water stains.
We’ve also included Volume 1 of the Papertuity Infinite Texture System (a $24 value!) Choose from a collection of 10 high resolution, seamless paper texture swatches sourced from vintage/archived papers and materials.
It’s never been easier to simulate authentic, vintage comic book printing in Illustrator! Get your copy today!
Here’s what you get with the COMIC-TONE PROCESS COLOR SYSTEM:
- 128 formula-accurate, premixed process color swatches
- 16 process color swatches for building color separations manually
- 27 halftone brushes (scatter, line and edge) for added detail
- 27 texture assets (fine, dust, and coarse settings), streaks and print hickeys to simulate printing defects
- 3 transparent water stain images (PNG) to age your paper
- PAPERTUITY INFINITE TEXTURE SYSTEM – Volume 1– includes 10 high resolution seamless paper textures (also sold separately here: https://www.thorenson.com/portfolio/product/papertuity-infinite-texture-system/
- Comic-tone Color Formula Guide (PDF)
- Comic-tone Asset Inventory (PDF)
- Papertuity Reference Index (PDF)
- Extensive How-To Video showcasing Installation, How-To Use the features and a finished Demo
- Free updates and feature additions
NOTE: COMIC-TONE is compatible with Adobe Illustrator CC. For best results use a computer system with at least a 2.4 GHZ processor, 16+ GB of RAM and adequate hard drive storage. All featured illustrations are the original works of Sean Thorenson. Typefaces from the Comicon Type Pack and the Bluto family are featured (also available from StudioWorks). Vector artwork not included.
My goal is to provide the best quality products, so please provide comments and feedback. If you have any questions, need help with a typeface, or would like to request a new feature, please contact me at thorenson.com. Thank you!